How To Get Rid Of A Runny Nose is a question asked mostly by mothers as it is much common in young children. Runny nose is basically the discharge of mucous from the nose causing uncomfortable breathing and annoying aftereffects. It happens when the quantity of mucous increases in the nasal tract causing irritation and sometimes pain. Children are susceptible to this disease a lot yet adults also frequently experience this.
Causes Of Runny Nose:
A runny nose may be experienced because of various reasons. These include:
- Inhaling smoke
- Common cold
- Whooping cough
- Cold weather
In order to totally flush way your nose you need various home remedies that treat a runny nose easily. The numerous home treatments include:
- Salt water wash – when the nasal tract is washed by drops of salt water and then is expelled both mucous and irritants are flushed out. Mixing half spoonful of salt in two glasses of water while boiling is enough and the solution can be introduced into the nasal tract through a dropper.
- Consume ginger and garlic – both ginger and garlic constitute anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties. They are very much useful in treating funny nose. They can either be chewed directly or consumed by boiling them in water.
- Steam – steaming loosens the mucous and makes the irritants flush away from the nose. Twice a day the face should be exposed to steam with a towel to cover head and trap steam. A hot water bath is a substitution to this technique.
- Milk with turmeric – taking a warm glass of milk with turmeric before bed can treat a runny nose effectively. One teaspoon of turmeric in one glass milk is enough. Turmeric consists of anti inflammatory and soothing characteristics making the mucous loose. Turmeric can also be consumed orally with a glass of water twice a day.
- Honey – a natural sweetener having anti bacterial properties honey can effectively flush away mucous. Drinking the mix honey with warm water twice a day can easily treat a runny nose. Lemon juice is an optional ingredient in the mixture.
- Water and oil – eucalyptus, lavender and peppermint mixed with water can treat a runny nose. The scented water should be boiled and the steam should be inhaled by covering the head by towel. Seven drops of eucalyptus with four drops each of other oils in a bowl of water is the right quantity.
- Basil/ tulsi – tulsi and basil are herbs with both anti viral as well as anti fungal properties. Basil and tulsi leaves can be chewed daily before breakfast to get rid of runny nose and digestive issue.
How To Get Rid Of A Runny Nose Fast requires a person to effectively apply any of the above techniques. They can also be used in combination with one another.