Sore throat is the itchiness, irritation and pain in the throat. Throat is the tube through which the food is passed to our food pipe and air is carried to our windpipe. Sore throat disrupt the functioning of the throat, making it difficult and painful experience to breathe and swallow the food.
HOW TO CURE SORE THROAT QUICK AND EASY
Causes of the Sore throat
- Allergies like dust, nut allergies.
- Viral infections like common flu, cold and measles are also the reasons of the sore throat.
- Bacterial infections like whooping cough, strep throat can be the reasons of sore throat.
- Dry indoor air in winter season causes the sore throat.
- Damaging of throat muscle while talking loudly.
- Inhaling of suspended particles like burning of fossil fuels.
- Coming in direct\indirect contact of person suffering from viral.
Symptoms of sore throat
- Severe paining and rough sensation.
- Trouble in engulfing food or if swallowed casuses great pain.
- Swollen jaw and neck area.
- Redness and swollen up of tonsils.
- Development of white patches and pus in tonsils.
- Crassing and jarring voice, problem in speaking.
How to get rid of Sore throat fast
- If the sore throat are caused by viral it will cure itself within two days and hence will not required any medical prescription.
- If it is caused by the bacterial infection, take antibiotics. You should not complete the full course of this antibiotic treatment; otherwise the sore throat will come back.
- Gargling with luke warm salt water will, relief the throat and decrease its swelling.
- If you are suffering of excessive pain take pain relievers, such as acetaminophen and naproxen etc to get relief.
- Consume a lot of warm fluids like soup, warm porridge. This will help muscles to relax.
- Keep your mouth hydrated as it will prevent your throat from getting dry, makes thing easy to engulf and reduces pain.
- Apply vaporizing balm on your throat area ,it will instantly reduce the swelling and pain.
- Drink warm ginger water mixed with honey, it will improve the voice and decrease the ache.
How to prevent yourself from sore throat
- Don’t drink and eat any cold thing immediately after eating or drinking a hot thing or vice-versa.
- Avoid any contact with the person suffering from bacterial and viral infection.
- Wash your hands after being in contact with sick people.
- Wear a dust/pollution mouth mask to prevent yourself from pollution and suspended particles.
Sore throat can happen to anyone and anywhere, but with a little care it can be cured and prevented from spreading. The key to prevention is the healthy eating and hygiene habits.