Corn is the irritating and painful thickening of the skin at a point. This thickening of skin is occurs at the points where excessive pressure is applied. It usually occurs on toes (mostly fifth and fourth toe) and balls of the feet. The corn has a hard center part which is covered by seven layers of skin. This hard center is usually looks like a barley seed. The corn’s raised and pointy shape cause great pain and tissue damage, when pressed by anything. This problem is not so severe but still people with weak skin and poor circulation should immediately report to the doctor as in these cases it can get worse. Women are more prone to it as they put more pressure on foot while walking.
Causes of Corn
- Usually occur on the bony feet as they don’t have natural cushioning.
- Wearing uncomfortable shoes.
- Wearing footwear which put pressure on a particular area of the foot.
- Improper walking movement.
- Wearing footwear, without any socks which intensifies the fiction.
- Doing a lot of manual labor like farming, garden worker etc.
- Doing friction increasing exercise.
- Having damaged sweat glands.
Symptoms of corn
- Emerging of a mass with a texture varying from waxy to transparent.
- Development of a hardened and thick bump on toe.
- Pain under the skin of the discolored area.
- Bleeding of the paining, raised area.
How To Get Rid Of Corns On Toes Fast
- If corns are occurring again and again due to faulty bone alignment. Then the bone alignment is to be corrected via surgical measures, so than the occurrence of corns can be prevented.
- Apply an antibiotic to reduce the risk of infection.
- Salicylic acid is used to cure a corn, as salicylic acid dissolves the protein (keratin) which mainly forms the inner and outer dead layer of the corn. These products can be used by all, except the people who have diabetes.
- Today in market there are different salicylic treated products like plasters, applicators and pads.
With the help of medicines or surgical methods, periodical pealing of the dead skin is done which ultimately lead to the removal of corn. This pealing of skin should be done by doctor; otherwise it leads to the bleeding.
Prevention for corn
- Use padded shoe inserts to prevent your toes from friction and pressure.
- Avoid the shoes with sharp pointed toes and high heels(especially the women).
- Women should stop wearing very high heels like 5-6 inch and above.
- Follow a proper foot regime. Wash your feet at the end of the day, dry them, apply moisturizer and massage it gently.
Corns can develop on anyone’s feet. To prevent and cure it, just be comfortable in your shoes and don’t put pressure on your delicate feet. It is very simple to get knowledge about How to get rid of corns on toes fast. You can use internet or some health books.