Winter is that time of the year, when everyone relaxes, sit closely for coziness and drink a lot of hot chocolate. But this season is not equally blissful experience for your face as in winter you are more prone to skin dryness and the prime victim is you face. Dryness is the pealing, scaling, itching and cracking of skin due to lack of moisture, which in most of the cases is a hereditary problem but can also affect the people with oily and normal skin( Specially in winter).
Causes of Dry skin on face
Beside dry weather and old age these are the main causes of face dry out.
- Long steam showers.
- Harsh and dry soaps.
- Indoor heating (heaters).
- Not using any kind of moisturizer.
- Frequent face washing.
- Poor diet, lacking oil and good fats.
- Wearing clothes which trigger dryness in your skin like poor quality wools with itchy fibers.
- Over exposure of sun which damages pores of skin.
Symptoms of Dry skin on face
- Tightening of facial skin.
- Feeling roughness over your face.
- Peeling of skin.
- Appearance of white patches over your skin.
- Creation of fine lines.
Treatment for How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin On Your Face
- Cover your face while stepping out of the house with scarf or another thing. This will create a barrier to the direct cold and heat, and will prevent your skin from drying.
- Drink a lot of water is the simple option. This is the best answer to the question How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin On Face.
- Use a humidifier in your home to maintain humidity level. Humidity is the moisture in the air, if you live in a high humidity environment your skin will not dry up.
- Apply petroleum jelly on your face on before sleeping, let it work over night and wash your face next morning with just water. This will hydrate your face, cure dry skin and lock the moisture in it.
- Eat lots of avocados; it heals the skin from inside making the occurrence of dry skin on your face less often.
- After washing your face apply oil (2-3 drops) on your face and massage it. It will repair your skin and establish a barrier on your face.
- Apply hydrocortisone creme over your eyelids, because they are more prone area of your face which tends to dry out quickly.
- After shaving use after-shave lotion, this will repent the damage done by shaving to your pores. As shaving process robs of the face of its natural oils.
Preventions from Dry skin of face
- Don’t rub your skin too aggressively with towel in the process of drying out.
- Do exercises which promote more blood flow to face, with this you skin will remain hydrated and look flawless.
- Don’t use lots of chemical based products such products rob of your facial skins natural oils.