How To Get Rid Of Milia Under Eyes is a query made by many people. Milia are the white bumpy spots on the face. They occur on the face sometimes below the eye and sometimes even on the eyelid. It destroys the natural beauty of a person giving a rough texture to skin. Milia are just like cysts that occur on the face at different spots. They don’t have a definite cause; some dermatologists say that it occurs because of intensive rubbing while some say that it occurs due to the usage of intensive creams. Still the clear reason is yet unknown.
White bumps on eyelid
Milia of this type can be caused by:
- Genetic disorders
- Trapping of keratin under skin.
This is mostly seen in infants and new-born babies though they are also seen in adults.
White bumps on face
Due to over use of thick creams and steroids white bumps develop on the face making face look excessively rough. Mostly these cysts are not painful and itchy but in certain conditions they can be itchy and painful. They can also be seen in children and new born babies and are sometimes called “baby acne”.
White bumps under the eyes
When people ask How To Get Rid Of Milia Under Eyes, they often are referring to white or yellow colored cysts under the eye. They can occur if any injury is caused near the eye or when the eye is constantly rubbed. Some of these milia are associated with certain types of drugs.
Treatment: most milia are easily treated with simple methods. There are both self care methods and also medications available to treat milia.
- Steam method; steaming hair for few minutes daily for one week will reduce the appearance of cysts.
- Sugar scrub: mixing sugar and oil and running the mixture on face will help reduce milia.
- Honey mask: honey having anti-oxidant properties helps in the reduction of cysts.
- Tea tree oil: application of tree tea oil can reduce the cysts and their appearance.
- Aloevera: the plant beautifully crafted to soothe skin is useful for the reduction of cysts.
- Sandalwood with rose pack: this pack can help fighting cysts because of its soothing effect.
- Castor oil: this oil has anti bacterial properties leading to reduction in the visibility of cysts.
- Removal of cysts by curettage: this is a surgical method of removing cysts by scraping them off.
- Removal of cysts by cryotherapy: this is a surgical procedure of removing milia by freezing.
- Laser operation: the surgical procedure to remove cysts by a small laser.
- Retinoid: these medicines have a large amount of Vitamin A which reduces cysts.
- De-roofing: by this surgical procedure the cysts are removed by a sterile needle which picks out the contents of the milia cysts.