Nausea and headache are the most common ailments a person faces on day to day life. Thus because of its recurring nature people often ask the question How To Get Rid Of Nausea Without Medicine. Nausea is basically the urge to vomit. It is the sickness which arises in stomach before vomiting takes place. A feeling of discomfort it often causes irritation and pain. Before information on how to treat Nausea is given it is better to be aware of its causes and symptoms.
Causes of Nausea:
Nausea is caused by various reasons. These are:
- Allergies to food: some food items don’t suit everybody.
- Food poisoning: infection by fungi or bacteria in stomach is termed as food poisoning.
- Movement of food upwards (GERD): this is a disease in which food starts going upward through the esophagus to the mouth.
- Diseases in gall bladder: gall bladder secretes enzymes that are helpful in digestion. Any disease in it may lead to nausea.
- Sickness of motion: some people have an allergic reaction to motion in bus and train.
- Pregnancy’s early stage: pregnancy makes various changes in the structural system of women.
- Seasickness: some people get allergic reaction to water.
- Attacks of migraine : migraine can trigger nausea in people.
- Kidney stones: kidney stones cause severe pain accompanied by nausea.
- Overeating or over consumption of alcohol: alcohol is basically a toxin which is not easily digested.
- Reaction to a certain smell: certain smells can trigger nausea in some people.
- Cancer or reaction to chemotherapy: chemotherapy involves destruction of cells making a person weak.
- Psychological problems or stress: stress and lack of rest cause irritating sensations and nausea.
- Heart attack or some form of brain injury: both the ailments cause problems and sensations in stomach.
Symptoms of nausea:
Nausea is itself a symptom of various other problems. Its own symptoms or signs include:
- Pain in the abdomen
- Urge to vomit
- Pain in chest
Home remedies for nausea:
How to get rid of nausea without medicine includes self care methods to reduce the effects of nausea:
- Take rest in proper amount and stop activity: motion and stress can be a reason behind nausea.
- Keep yourself full with water and other fluids like juice etc.: lemonade specially can fight nausea.
- Distance yourself from strong smells: smells and odors of smoke, perfume etc. trigger sensations of nausea causing pain and illness.
- Intake food items that are bland like toast, cereal, and fruits: these will not disturb the already bad stomach functioning.
- Avoid heavy food like fried items: highly fatty and sugary foods are responsible for triggering sensations of nausea.
- Take OTC medications that treat travel sickness or seasickness: Various medicines are available which can treat nausea and help in reducing travel and sea sickness.
These remedies are quite useful in case of normal nausea but if nausea persists for a longer period than it is time to fix an appointment with the physician.