Clear aligners could be the perfect choice if you seek a virtually invisible and minimally intrusive method to straighten your teeth. Clear aligners like Invisalign are used to fix crooked or irregularly gapped teeth discreetly. Adults and teenagers alike can use the aligners to fix underbites. If you are considering getting braces or aligners to straighten your teeth, your dentists can help with any major choice. Carefully consider the benefits and drawbacks of each option at the Fairfield, ME dental office.
What are clear aligners?
To achieve the ideal smile, patients can use clear aligners, which are custom-made plastic trays or removable molds approved by the Food and Drug Administration. During treatment, patients must wear aligners, which gradually shift their teeth into place by applying mild pressure. There are a number of reasons why clear aligners have become more popular than old-fashioned metal braces. Nevertheless, with a thorough understanding and the help of an orthodontist, a handful of disadvantages can be effortlessly sidestepped.
- Are you self-conscious about having metal protruding from your teeth whenever you smile? By selecting transparent aligners, which are practically undetectable, you can ensure that no one will ever suspect you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- No sharp edges or discomfort will be felt since no metal brackets are used. The initial discomfort will be reduced after you switch to a new set of clear aligners every week. When your teeth have gotten used to it, you will not even notice it is there.
- You may easily remove your clear aligners for eating and brushing or flossing. Instead of worrying about food getting trapped, like with metal braces, you can just take it out, clean it well, and put it back on. It is easy to remove Without sacrificing dental care when brushing or flossing.
- Treatment with Clear Aligners requires self-discipline and motivation. Because aligners are so easy to put on and take off, some people may misplace or forget to reapply them. Wearing them continuously for 20 to 22 hours daily is suggested.
- Your treatment’s efficiency, affordability, and duration are all impacted by how you wear your transparent aligners. What follows is an explanation of what will happen if you do not use your aligners as prescribed:
- Your treatment time will be extended because your teeth can not move fast enough with the aligner. Teeth pain and increased discomfort are possible side effects. No matter how carefully you wear it, the end effect of your treatment will still fall short of your expectations, regardless of how much you spend on it. Failure to wear them precisely as directed will result in no improvement in bite or tooth problems.